Last updated: 21st Aug 2022
EU Candidate Privacy Statement
What kinds of personal data do we collect and process?
The types of personal data we may collect and process (for the purposes described in the next section), include:
- Your name, contact information (such as home address, phone number, email address), gender, work permit or visa information, your employment and education history, referrals or references, and whether you are subject to any prior employer obligations, and any other information you provide (such as information included in your resume, cover letter etc)
- Desired salary, willingness to relocate, other job preferences
- Information that you make publicly available such as contact information, your education, and work experience information (e.g. when you share information via job search and career networking sites as far as it is relevant to consider you for career opportunities)
- Interview details, and outcomes of any recruiting exercises you complete
- If disclosed, any special needs or health condition and information relating to accommodations that you may request during the recruiting process
- If required, health information to monitor the spread of infectious diseases in the workplace (where appropriate)
- If you're being referred, we process information that the person referring you provides about you
- We also receive information such as your education and work experience, contact information, and demographics, from third-party data providers who have the rights to provide us with your information. These partners collect your information from publicly available sources, or through third parties they work with.
Note: We collect some personal data because we are required to collect it under applicable law, or need it to move forward with your application. We'll tell you if the personal data is required when we ask you to provide it. We'll use any personal data you submit in accordance with this Statement.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read "Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?" available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data as set out above (as appropriate), for the purposes described below.
We process your personal data as necessary to consider you for, and assess your suitability for, employment opportunities with Protex AI.
We process personal data:
- To receive, review and reply to your application
- To verify the information you or others provide, and to check your references
- To assess your suitability for the opportunity you applied for, and in certain cases, for other opportunities at Protex AI
- To facilitate the interview/recruiting process
- To prepare an offer letter, if your application is successful
- If you were referred, to inform the referrer of the status and final outcome of your application
- Where we have identified you as a potential candidate from information that we've collected from public sources, in order to suggest suitable opportunities for you at Protex AI
We process your personal data to stay in touch and engage with you.
In considering you for opportunities at Protex AI we may consider you for current and future opportunities. We may contact you from time to time, for example, to invite you to events we organise or sponsor, send you alerts or recommendations about opportunities at Protex AI, or ask you for updates. You can opt-out of these communications at any time.
We process your personal data to maintain and improve our recruiting processes, for internal planning and management reporting, and to comply with laws and regulations.
In more detail, we process your personal data:
- To manage and improve our recruiting processes, for example, to make the application process easier and more efficient
- To prepare and perform management reporting and to perform analysis related to recruiting metrics, such as length of the recruiting process
- To create and submit reports as required by applicable law or regulation
If you accept a conditional offer from us, we process your personal data for background verification (to the extent permitted by applicable laws).
We'll provide further information regarding this processing upon start of the background verification process.
We process your personal data in order to protect the vital interests of our employees and others.
In more detail, we process your personal data to protect the health and safety of our workforce and others in our facilities, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
How do we work with vendors and service providers?
We work with third-party partners who help us manage and improve our recruiting process, including tools and systems we use for this purpose. These third parties include:
- Recruitment service providers
- Vendors facilitating interviews and tests
- Vendors facilitating interview travel booking and expenses
- Vendors facilitating relocation (where applicable)
- Immigration advisors including lawyers and consultants
- Reporting and analytics service providers
- Pre-employment screening services
- Vendors assisting us with the implementation of health and safety measures.
We require these third parties to protect the personal data they receive with appropriate security measures and prohibit them from using the personal data for their own purposes or outside what is necessary to provide the service.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your personal data with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request, if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We can also respond to legal requests when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects individuals in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of our systems or products; violates our terms or policies or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property and products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- When we are under a legal obligation to do so, we may provide your personal data to law enforcement.
Personal data we process about you can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or otherwise to prevent harm.
We may take these actions pursuant to our legal obligations, where necessary in our legitimate interests and the legitimate interests of others and where necessary to protect the vital interest of individuals.
For how long do we retain your personal data?
We'll retain your personal data (as set out in the preceding section), for as long as is required in order to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our contractual agreements, or as necessary for our legitimate interests, such as to consider you for other current and future employment opportunities at Protex AI.
If you're successful in your application for a position at Protex AI, we retain the personal data you provide during the application process, and information about your application process, as part of your employee records.
What is our legal basis for processing personal data?
We process the personal data that we have in the ways described above:
- As necessary to prepare and enter into an employment contract with you
- Consistent with specific consents, which you may revoke at any time
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations
- To protect your vital interests, or those of others
- As necessary for our (or others’) legitimate interests, including our interests in considering candidates for current and future employment opportunities, and in managing and improving our recruitment and hiring processes, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
Special categories of personal data: Personal data such as health information, is subject to special protections under EU law*. We may process such data where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim by us, with your explicit consent or where necessary for the purpose of carrying out our obligations and for the exercising of our rights or your rights in the context of employment or social security law. For example, we may need to process information about your health to accommodate any special needs you have when you come onsite for an interview, or to monitor the spread of infectious diseases in the workplace.
*Special categories of personal data under EU law are: personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
How can you exercise your rights provided under the GDPR?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’), you have the right to access, rectify, port and erase your personal data.
You also have the right to object to and restrict certain processing of your personal data. This includes the right to object to our processing of your personal data where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
To exercise your rights, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we operate and transfer personal data as part of our global business?
We share personal data globally, both internally within the Protex AI Companies, and externally with our third-party partners (see relevant section above). Personal data we collect and process will be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in the United States or other countries outside of where you live for the purposes as described in this Statement. These data transfers are necessary for our recruitment operations. We utilise standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, and rely on the European Commission’s adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers from the EEA to the United States and other countries.
How can you contact Protex AI with questions?
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Protex AI Limited registered in Ireland.
Please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at
Protex AI Ltd.
9 Windsor Place,
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with Protex AI Limited’s lead supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commissioner, or your local supervisory authority.